About Me

Lindsay M Starr is a beadwork and mixed media artist currently based in Nashville, TN. She spent her early childhood in Alaska, and her school age and college years in Oregon. Lindsay has a great appreciation for history, science, and nature and is consistently inspired by insects, sea life, color, and the significance of beads and beadwork throughout human history. She spends her days beading, walking at the zoo, and practicing yoga. Lindsay loves to share her knowledge and passion for beads and beadwork to hobbyists of all skill levels.

Sunday, October 26, 2014

Sunday Funday - Week 2

Week of 10/20/19-10/26/14 - Late October

Don't worry, this week's post won't be quite as long as last week!  I worked on a couple of larger projects that took up more time, then transitioned into a few smaller projects today.  Let's see what happened!

 I started out with this beadsoup freeform shard pendant.  It's going to go up on Etsy this week!

I've had this necklace in my head since I bought these hollow Venetian glass beads a few years ago. Originally I had envisioned a more ice and snow theme...but I keep seeing winter inspiration of bare trees, ice, and red berries.  Then I started thinking of the birch trees I grew up with, and Birch Berries was born.  This piece will also be listed on Etsy this week.

During the middle of the week I was occupied with a couple of large blog posts, including my guest post on the Art Jewelry Elements blog.  I talked about the alternative straps that I use on my necklaces...if you haven't wandered over there to read it yet, you should!

And don't forget the awesome collaboration between myself and Sherri Stokey of My MicroMacrame/Knot Just Macrame.  You can read my post here, and Sherri's post on her blog.

I spent yesterday evening working on a few Mobius bangles for a friend - don't they look happy?  I was sad to put this palette away!  On that note, I'm so happy to say that my friend liked my favorite one...I may have to drag the palette back out to make myself a duplicate.

We escaped the apartment today, and headed to the zoo!
One of the petting area camels was sitting by the fence chewing her cud, so I got to get up close and take this picture.  Just look at those eyelashes...they give me ideas!

I am also super happy to announce that I've finally broken the 500 "like" barrier on my Facebook page.  I will be having a celebratory giveaway, starting Monday or Tuesday this week.  There will be two options for the winner...here's a sneak peek!
I know you can't wait to see what they've become, so make sure you're watching the Facebook page in the next couple of days.  You can always keep up with my daily bead exploits there.  And don't forget about my Etsy shop either...lots of new listings will be going up in the next couple of weeks.  As always, thanks for looking!

No comments:

Post a Comment