About Me

Lindsay M Starr is a beadwork and mixed media artist currently based in Nashville, TN. She spent her early childhood in Alaska, and her school age and college years in Oregon. Lindsay has a great appreciation for history, science, and nature and is consistently inspired by insects, sea life, color, and the significance of beads and beadwork throughout human history. She spends her days beading, walking at the zoo, and practicing yoga. Lindsay loves to share her knowledge and passion for beads and beadwork to hobbyists of all skill levels.

Sunday, July 25, 2010

New Necklace

I have so many unfinished projects! Yesterday I decided to pick one up out of the pile and finish it to a wearable point. This Fimo face cab has been sitting there for AGES, with only the bezel done. So I finally sat down and started embellishing with netting and fringe, some fun Czech pressed fish beads, drop seed beads, and no plan... Originally she was going to be an air goddess, but the beads I dug up to go with her spoke "sea", and then the netting started looking like waves, then I thought of fish nets, then I added fish beads... and she was born. The necklace closes on the front right side with a simple sterling hook, masked by some short fringe. The whole thing is pretty lightweight, so I just went with a simple, single strand strung strap. I love the swaying movement of the long branching fringe, juxtaposed with the jiggling movement of the looped fish fringe. Can't wait to wear her today while I'm working on another new piece!
From Beadwork Necklaces

From Beadwork Necklaces

From Beadwork Necklaces

No comments:

Post a Comment